Monday, March 28

Fiddle dee dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow

I don't know what it was but I had this strange hankerin' to watch Gone With the Wind last night .. and wouldncha know it-- Mama Mireille has it on dvd. Score. Alex and I made it up to intermission before we had to go catch some shut eye.  But 1.5 hours of pure reminder why I sure do love the southern region of the good ol US of A.

I will never forget my Ohio heritage, oh you betcha I wont.  So many fond memories of snowstorms, white outs and Cleveland Indians games.  Cant forget pretty Lake Erie and the good ol Perry Pirates.  When we moved from Perry I thought my life was over.  Granted I was 13, and didnt know any better.  But my soul, am I so happy with the move my parents made to Greenville, South Carolina.  One of my earliest memories is someone saying, "anyone that comes down here from the north is a yankee.. but theyre a damn yankee if they stay"  hilarious. and sorry Im not sorry we stayed.

 Given the mood I am in now, I would like to accumulate some of those things from back home that I miss most ..
  1. Chick Fila.. oh dear, this needs no explanation. 
  2. Mexican food.  You'd think burritos and tacos would have made their way here by now. Alas, it is not so
  3. Sweet tea vodka . Cravings for this sweet nectar of the south have overcome me once or twice
  4. Sweet southern drawls. Normally, I find a good joke to be phrases like "I'm fixin to go do this.." or "cut off that there light" or .. "bless your heart" .. but I would love to hear any of those over someone talking about "pEARis and putting the word 'mad' in front of everything.. as in "I have got some mad homework to do today"
  5. REAL college sports.. the SEC kind .. not this professional stuff
  6. Brownies, cookies and delicious homebaked goods. I know, how can I say that, I am living in pastry country .. but I really do miss the yummy home cooked treats
  7. Lack of regard for what other people wear.  I have gotten accustomed to it now, but waking up every morning and consciously deciding what you are going to wear is exhausting
  8. $1 beer night .. wait no scratch this.. I have 1 euro wine all the time.
  9. A real showerhead .. and a dryer .. I have to hold the shower thingy pendant ma douche (during my shower) and dryers literally DO NOT EXIST here. I love the smell of laundry .. and how soft and warm it feels coming out of the dryer. Poor deprived french kids
  10. Of course.. my family and friends.. but my dogs!!! All the french have are wimpy little Poncho dogs who they carry around in bookbags and let them poop everywhere.  I miss my big chocolate-y love-y dove-y labs.