Saturday, May 14

well this is it

today -- is my last day in france. and as tender and heartbreaking as that sounds -- i find so much comfort in knowing that its definitely not going to be my last last  day. i have absolutely fallen in love with this country, these people and this way of life -- i am going to continue working on my french and come back to work/live/play. i have learned so much about myself since being here-- and also about what it means to be from a diferent culture and i am so so appreciative of all the opportunities i have had-- i wouldnt change a single thing.

part of me wishes that i was packing up my suitcase and sending it on to the states-- im also really hoping that its under 50 pounds! needless to say, i added some things to my wardrobe since being here and bought some souvenirs-- so after sending a 6 kilo (80 euro) package home -- i REALLY hope this bad boy is still under 50 pounds. but in fact today is the day i leave france.. but not Europe!

When i made my plans to come here I decided i would want 10 days after my program ends to travel and my parents were gracious enough to agree. So-- here's my last big adventure for Europe 2011

I leave Marseille- to fly to London--where I am meeting up with my pals Ian and Carrie from USC. Ians grandparents live in London and they are gracious enough to let me leave me suitcase there so I dont have to take it with me!
I am in London for one night before i fly out to Sevilla, Spain-- one of the best cities so Ive heard-- where my friends Kory and Kevin and a lot of other USC students are studying.  Spanish heat- bring it on!!
I fly back to london- for a few hours before I fly to Ireland! I am flying into Shannon- hanging out all day there-- and then taking a bus to Cork! Why you ask? Because the flights were 10 euros and 8 euros respectively and Ireland is supposed to be beautiful. My mom went when she was around my age and i am SO excited to go too!
I fly back to london-- yeah, Im going to be very familiar with Gatwick and Stanstead airports! Where Im going to spend my final 3 days with Ian and Carrie - hanging out around London before flying back on the 25th of May !!

phewf.  i am so excited/exhausted thinking about it. but this will be so good for me and im taking advantages of opportunities i elsewhere wouldnt have had.

I could write another sappy sappy post about how i feel right now-- but currently-- i am starving, need to put the final touches on my suitcase and there is a pain au chocolat calling my name!

Ill update when I can!